One of your skin's primary enemy is dryness. Dryness takes away elasticity, which can cause cracks and may lead to wrinkles. But, buying lotions continually can get pretty expensive. You can help lower your costs and make your own safe and natural moisturizing lotion with the following guide.
Natural Lotion Ingredients
The following are just some of the skin-enhancing ingredients in the lotion that you should know about:
Bees use this wax to make and coat their hive. Beeswax helps keep bacteria from forming in their home because of its propolis content. That same antibacterial property should help protect your skin from harmful bacteria. This wax also helps keep moisture on your skin while allowing it to expel toxins.
Aloe Vera Gel
The next ingredient you want to pay attention to is the aloe vera. This natural ingredient should do wonders for your skin. Studies have shown that its high content of ingredients like vitamin E, and gibberellin that can help heal your skin. This is because collagen is increased, which helps increase elasticity and protect you from aging skin. The high content of some of these ingredients should also help protect your skin from sun damage, too.
Sweet Almond Oil
Another ingredient that you should know about is sweet almond oil. Sweet almond oil has a lot of skin-friendly ingredients, like vitamin A and E. This should help restore your skin and protect it from sunlight. The oil also has strong emollient properties that help make your skin shine and hold moisture, to keep it from drying.
Most of these and the other ingredients can be purchased in your local health food store or online.
You can talk to your skin care specialist to help monitor your skin's reaction. You can also ask for any tips that are specific to your particular skin. This is so you can personify the lotion to fit your needs.
Make Your Lotion
You will need the following:
- 1 cup of aloe vera gel
- ½ a cup of grated beeswax
- ½ a cup of sweet almond oil
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 7 drops of myrrh oil
- 7 drops of lavender oil
- Use a bowl to combine your essential oils with vitamin E and your aloe vera.
- Get your double-boiler, and add water to the outer area. Mix and pour your beeswax and sweet almond oil into the inner area of your double-boiler.
- Heat up the double-boiler to a soft boil or until the beeswax melts. Keep stirring while it boils.
- Pour the beeswax mixture into your blender, and let it cool.
- Add your aloe vera blend to your beeswax mixture, and turn your blender on low.
- Constantly turn the blender off and on, and use a spatula or spoon to keep pushing the ingredients down to blend everything well. This can take up to 15 minutes.
- Transfer your lotion to a glass jar with a lid, and you are done. The lotion should last up to 3 months if you keep it in your refrigerator. Otherwise, it may only last about 2 months.
Now you and your family can use this skin-enhancing lotion anytime you want. For assistance, tlak to a skin specialist like Dermatology Surgery Center.